Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! Here you’ll find recurring features like Who’s Working Today? and Coffee Shop, interviews, and even a general rambling or two.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Coffee Shop

Good morning! (Or afternoon, depending on where you are)

Thanks for visiting the shop. I hope you have a nice, steaming cup of coffee and are ready to test drive this feature.

It’s a beautifully overcast day at the coast - does that sound strange? Don’t get me wrong, I love sunshine and blue skies, but, there’s something to be said for a cozy, overcast Saturday morning. The ocean is the color of slate, with light gray streaks where the sun peaks through patches of fog. The land formation across the bay is barely visible, and closer to home, there are more birds on the golf course than golfers.

Meanwhile, my husband and children are working together to build a new Geotown (choo-choo stuff). My son has managed to build a circular track and is wearing it like a lei. Does it get any better than this?

As you start to arrive, just post whatever comes to mind (keeping it clean, of course). What would you say if we were sitting across from each other in a cafe? If you need help coming up with a topic for discussion, answer this question: How do you choose a book to read? For example, I recently finished reading Dancing in Red Shoes Will Kill You. What do you think made me choose this book? The odd title? The bright red satin pointe shoes on the cover? The strategically placed giant pumpkins?

See you soon!

No comments: